View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Porsche refuses LSD repair under warranty

Well, my LSD went south and I took the car into Tischer or Porsche of Silver Spring in MD and they told me it was in good shape and refused to go any further with it. They never even bothered to truly check the torque specs on it which I thought was pretty bad. After that, I called Porsche of Annapolis and they had a very knowledgeable guy named GH Sharp as the service rep and he was very good to work with and said bring it on over.

Well I did and they got it apart and found the LSD was truly toast. The bad part is that Porsche immediately asked were any aftermarket parts on the car. I only have one, a set of GMG sway bars. The car is still under original warranty until November of this year and then CPOed for another 2 years after that.

Porsche now claims that the sway bars are putting too much stress on the LSD and that is why I wore it out. All I do is Autocross the car. I am amazed that they refused it and thought I would put this out for comment or suggestions as to any possible recourse. The car is a 2007 with about 9500 miles on it. I am the second owner.

Thanks for any input.

Stu