View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Porsche refuses LSD repair under warranty

many dealers do not like warranty as I am guessing that they are not reimbursed at full shop rate and they have to put up with corp warranty audits etc...

However... in this specific case, the allowed hours are so far over the required hours, a dealer that does not run this through is leaving money on the table or at least the opportunity to get some hours back from other jobs where they go over the allowed hours and have to eat it.

An experienced service manager responsible for bottom line of service dept, puts his head down and does the repair and max claims it -- all parties pleased.

I do not expect the 23 year old service writer to have a higher level of understanding or even an interest or care about any of this... and that is likely why some receive poor service. But if you meet and talk with the manager and he is not an a$$ then I would nicely challenge him to tell me how covering a diff does not make sense... and then if you really want to make your point... you hand him a box of guard parts and ask him to put those in instead of the stock parts and tell him he can keep the stock warranty replacement parts (free parts to him) and sell them to another workorder at full price... not only is he getting 6 hours of free labor reimbursement from corporate, he can double sell the stock rebuild parts.

it is so win win it hurts...