Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: Keep Or Sell? 3RS/Spyder vs Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypalace View Post
What was getting frustrating about the Cayman? Was it being slow, or was it that you'd already done many DEs with it, so weren't learning or improving much any more, and thus the challenge and interest was going away, which came back once you moved to a different vehicle?
Slowness was not the issue, I think the Cayman is quite fast actually at the track; however, the learning mostly stopped, the excitement of driving it was lost. I never had a 911, although I had driven two before couple of decades ago. Once I got the GT3, it has been fulfilling all of my needs on/off the track and the joy of driving came back for sure.

I owned front engine, front drive cars, front engine rear drivers, 4x4s, AWDs, and with the Cayman I had my first mid-engine car, it was time for the rear-engine magic

I love time trials. I come from a stage rallying and autox'ing background, so running against time vs. wheel-to-wheel is very attractive to me. I did couple of NASA TTs, but the level of competition is really high, so I need to be much better prepared