View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Trackrat's GT3RS Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujelly View Post
I have been following you on rennlist for a while. I am jeolous you get so much track time.

Just curious, I have not seen a pic of your 3rs lately but what wheel and tire combo are you running? Not sure if this is the place to start the whole 19 v 18 debate so i want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Thanks buddy.
Hi Stu, glad you found me here

So as to keep my variables and problems to a minimum I have kept stock wheel sizing/tire sizing/offsets.

Yes it limits my tire choices a bit, but I have yet to have an "Ice Pedal" or any other issues possibly related to these changes. I am sure many folks are happy running 18"'s and I don't mean to imply that is a bad decision at all.

My favorite combo for any of my cars is the Forged Alloy USA lightened wheels and Pirelli Trofeo tires.

It must be said that me and others have had some really awful experience with the purchase and delivery of the Forged Alloy USA wheels and I cannot currently in good conscience recommend anyone try to buy them. The wheels themselves have been great once the delivery/sizing/offset issues are resolved.

I think Vorsteiner currently offers a compelling value in design and light weight and strength and I have ordered a set for my Cayenne.