Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
... Going to a DE is almost like going on vacation where racing is like going to work. The stress level at the DE is almost non existent. The money spent is just a fraction of a race weekend. I have learned how to give point-by's .
Probably the most important point of the post in my opinion.

I race karts- situps and a bit of laydown, in the WKA NRRS (National Road Race Series). At the speeds we go in that series we are very serious about the prep level and driver ability. DE is a vacation compared to racing.

My progression went from DE, to open wheel, to road racing karts, and now probably back to DE in the long term.

In DE there is no stress, there is no competition, the only thing pushing you is yourself. I liken a DE day to a ski resort day- you can have as much fun as you want- you can rip the backcountry black diamonds if you have the ability and equipment, or play on the groomer greens if you're so inclined. I am not going to be the next MSC so I don't worry about racing at the sharp end of the grid anymore, so I race for fun (karts are way cheaper than open wheel cars).

DE is very different from racing. Racing is about competing within a very defined set of rules- DE is about learning how to drive better.

In the end, life is too short to worry about what the next guy thinks as long as you're keeping to yourself.