View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
The answers to this thread has been surprising to me, I was expecting a lot more in favor of racing, getting ready for racing, etc. I think we are probably a little too small of a community just yet.

Dell, really eloquently put. And I am so much like Peter, I just want to drive and want the car to be reliable not to mess with it. The social aspect of a DE as well as instructing makes my weekend every single time.

I, on behalf of all the people that put their sweat into this, truly appreciate the words and so glad you feel that way. Thank you, it means a lot to us.
Hanging out with track pals is "validity" enough for me! Glad the Registry forum is starting on a good foot.

+1 as usual for my friend Fatih.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
Fatih, I stopped posting regularly in the racing/DE forum over 2 years ago for the very things I stated above. This place (GT2GT3cup.org) for us to share info reminds me much more of the 996GT3 subforum on Rennlist. There is an immense amount of repsect and commraderie amongst the guys. You rarely ever see a smackdown there. The racing/DE forum it is a daily occurrence and just makes you not want to visit.
I am so totally not into all the BS smackdown stuff. Have fun, respect others, even if they order ASS seats in a GT3 Understand that not everyone has the same risk tolerance and goals. But we all love us some Porsche! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
That's what I'm talking about!
Drive a little on the track, stare at beatiful cars, have some fun afterwards with people who can still stand you after talking cars for hours on end ;-) and contemplate that there are really a lot of people out there who's life really sucks a lot more then your because they either don't know how or can't enjoy life.
Well said Peter, well said.

Have fun, be safe, enjoy.