View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: How To Brake?

Quote:
I think the best advice an instructor ever gave me was that if you start making mistakes, just slow down to where you are making clean laps. Only then start to speed up - slowly. Repeat as necessary. By the end of the day you will be going much faster than if you just keep pushing and making mistakes. I still use that for my self.
+1. So often I have to back up even an intermediate student. Somehow their previous instructors just let them go faster mistakes and all.

Different brake points, turn in, missing apexes, wrong gears prevents getting in a rythm and increases potential for spins or worse.

I make them back up to 7/10 (Their 7/10th) and tell them I want carbon copies of every lap after I take out their worst no-no's. I give them small adjustments that should not disturb the rythm. If they can do it, they already carry much more speed and lower laptimes then when they where going ragid 10/10th.

I am just after a rythm (Smaller mistakes and all), if they can do lap after lap without forgetting what to do you can go and continue to work on improving their driving.

Sold '07GT3 white