View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Keep Or Sell? 3RS/Spyder vs Cup

Pete, don't worry too much about, or listen to the voice of reason, it does not belong in this discussion.

The cup is obviously on your mind, so you should get one, even if only to get it out of your system. Only then will you be able to answer the many questions raised (too fast, too high-maintenance, too raw, etc.). And only then will you know what to do with the existing fleet. Go and discover the answer for yourself

If you buy carefully, selling won't be too painful, if it even gets to that.

As far as market for well modded cars, there absolutely is one, and I am the perfect example: I got my 6 "because" it was fully modded, and I was/am absolutely thrilled about it. Who would not rather buy a car that's ready v. one that will need the mods eventually? The only problem is that such a market IS smaller; not everyone understands. Returning your cars to stock would be a crying shame.

- You can't say you have no interest in racing until you get closer
- What does Mikymu think about the experience so far?
- I am not convinced that the maintenance costs on a cup would be that much more than on our cars if not raced. And if they are marginally higher, well so be it. I'm pretty sure that it's not about cost for you at this point...
- I would get a cup just for the thrill. Matter of fact, I considered a 996 cup that would have been cheaper than my GT3, but *I* wasn't ready logistics-wise (for me, it's still about the $$)
- Yes, a cup might be too fast for the run-of-the-mill DE, but as has been said elsewhere, there are options

Finally, if you can, you must. Cause if I could, I would... and I just might.

Lots of words, sorry.