View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: I'm told Porsche cancelled my warranty!!!!

I have not gone through and read the whole warranty yet nor all of the CPO documentation. Believe me, that is coming! I just heard back from Porsche Cars NA and here is their explanation. I asked for this in writing and they have refused.

They told me that my warranty is voided due to Bridgestone RE-11's being on the car and due to the Porsche Cup sway bars on the car. They further said that some things may still be covered but it will be determined on a case by case basis and it will be there purogative to void the claim at any time due to those two modifications.

I asked why the tires have anything to do with it and they said they are not approved tires. I explained that the car was delivered to me from Stoddard Porsche in Ohio under them as a CPO and thus they approved the tires. They said that they have nothing to do with that CPO and that I need to go back to the dealer. They did not deny it was CPOed by Stoddard. The car shows as CPOed on all dealer computers.

I checked and it appears that Stoddard has since been sold to another company and I think it may be the Penske Group whom own the dealer it is being serviced at this time.

The dealer in VA has submitted my TPMS claim and I am waiting to see if it is accepted. The woman from Porsche said it would not but I have not heard back since they submitted it.

This needs to be a word of warning to everyone out there that PCNA is going to be very adversarial in future situations. My name is already dragged through the mud with them and I can say that this will be my last Porsche. I love my car but the company behind it is attrocious. I am looking at working with a class action law firm on this issue. I do not want to do this but I can not believe that PCNA chooses to hide behind such a thin veils of BS. I can fully understand them not covering anything that can be attributed directly to my sway bars such as drop links. How a set of tires with a lower tread rating than the MPSC can be responsible for anything happening to the car, I would love to see that explained. I have one DE in the car and two summers of AXing. Some with PCA and some with SCCA.

They will not give it to me in writing nor am I allowed to even speak with anyone on the so called committee that made this decision. I will keep everyone informed if you're interested and I would assume you are. If and when I move forward with any legal action, I will again keep you informed as appropiate and to see if anyone else would care to be a member of any class action if it ends up in that field.

I am deeply saddened by this situation and now wish I had not paid the extra for the CPO. I can only hope that somewhere down the line things may work out into some fair compromise. You are welcome to email me and I am open to talking about any thoughts or recommendations off the board.

Stu