View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Close Call at South Bend

Nice couple of laps!

The only input I can offer is a few small tweaks here are there to gain time.

T1-->Get tighter. All the grip is on the inside line. Also, grab second and short shift to third just after track out heading to T2. Staying in third gives back several tenths.

T3-->Again, a bit tighter and earlier. The later the turn in the more steering angle and greater weight shift.

T4-->Grab 2nd and then short shirt to 3rd on the way to T5. This will grab another few tenths.

T7-T8 transition-->Stay a bit further left at T7 turn-in and wait a split second longer before turning up to T8. This offers to major benefits. The first is the longer you wait to turn up the esses the straighter the line to the top becomes (so less steering input). The second benefit is that your steering angle will be easier to have at neutral as you crest T8. 99% of the cars that lose it in the esses (from videos I have watched) seem to be from having steering input as you crest T8. T8 is deceiving since it really unloads the rear end.

T10-->Again, just clean up the braking and turn in a tick sooner.

T14-->Grab 2nd just before the right-hander down the roller coaster and then short shift to 3rd in between T14a and T15. I've tried both and the data shows that extra burst of speed from 2nd grabs you another few tenths.

T15-T16-->Don't grab 4th. Take 3rd to the top. You should be just about redline in 3rd as you hit your brake point for T16. This keeps you in the meat of the power for hogpen. You'll grab 4th on the exit of Hogpen.

By the way, very smooth with the hands. Great driving!