Thread: PCA Club Race
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: PCA Club Race

The Club Race/Advanced DE at Cota last week was a poorly run event on the DE side. The DE people had very little track time in the 3 days. Friday we had 1 rain session and 2 less then 15 minute sessions. Saturday we had 3 less then 15 minute sessions and Sunday we had 1 4 lap session in the morning and 1 2 lap in the afternoon. The 120 DE people who paid to attend the event just like the racers, were shortchanged considerably.

First of all there were too many DE drivers (120 with 2 groups of 60). Secondly, it was supposed to be an "Advanced" group. There were many who should not have been there. Point bys were a big issue with 60 cars on the track at the same time. It effected the "Advanced" people all weekend. Thirdly, there were about 80 drivers who were didn't get in and yet there were many non-Porsche cars. This was a Porsche event. Why not take the Porsches first?

The scheduling for the DE people was not handled well at all. We were treated as 2nd class citizens. Without the 120 DE people who paid a great deal to register, they would not have been able to cover the cost of the event. Yet, they constantly cut our time. I realize it is a Race event, but next time don't take our money, charge the Racers more and don't do DE. Or, figure out how to give us the time we signed up for. And, the people running the event had a "tuff luck" attitude...I personally spoke with the guy in charge of the DE side.

Yes, there were many on track problems, but don't cut the majority of our time. And, the COTA people could care less. They didn't seem to have any urgency and were very slow in getting cars off the track. I have been to numerous Club Race/DE events around the country and I can assure you that this was by far the worst run.

I personally had my car transported from Connecticut with 4 other cars, had track support, flights, etc. It was a big expense and very little track time. It is a great track to drive, although very technical. Only problem, with such little time, I never had a chance to really learn it. The most laps at any one session were 5, including an out lap and an in lap. So, never had much time to experiment with the line. I was left wanting more!!!