View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: You Are a Track Nut, if...

Quote:
I decided that we needed a Ring Spielzeug, a Ring Toy - aka a dedicated car parked at the Ring. That way we could hop on a quick flight from London to Cologne and go drive anytime.
You are clearly a very highly intelligent man

Christian, thank you for posting that. Would love to meet up at the Ring sometimes!
I also have a half baked plan to ship my car to the expensive coast for a few months to go drive Laguna and the other tracks.

I ordered my car Euro delivery, but the build date was 02-23-10 (My 15th wedding anniversary) still 2ft of snow at the Ring, so I figured I would ship it back after the winter with all mods done. Then I got busy driving all the South East tracks (10K miles today) and when I was fully ready to send my car over this May, I was unable to get insurance for my car :-(

Instead I've only done 6, 6!! laps in a rentracecar.de BMW 120I last year July and I vowed to go back ASAP. I was scared to death following a guy in a 120I that hired a coach to follow ;-)

Addictive? Like Crack, only worse and much more expensive.
I was ready to cancel the entire rest of our trip in Europe and hang at the Ring, probably the closest I've ever been to divource

It won't be the same as in my own car, but I will try to rent a slow racecar again. Maybe rental Avis 911. Faster cars, never mind GT3's are out of my budget.

I might make it in July, but unsure now.

My very understanding wife is originally from Munchen and we have a place there with a garage, so as soon as I can find a way to get my car over for a few months with insurance I will be there :-). If impossible, fly, drive and drink I guess as we will every year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00085-20100706-1106.jpg (45.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00089-20100706-1635.jpg (62.4 KB, 5 views)

Sold '07GT3 white