View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Diff Is Gone

I think that is what I have.
If I understood it right everything insidethe housing was replaced (Parts cost $2400.00)if that makes sense.

Note, I have no idea what it all looks like and marginally understand how an LSD works.

Orbit told me that I have the same as in a CUP car. HUGE difference in the car with 38/52 (I think that means lockup % under braking and throttle), but I think they initially packed or ramped? it too tightly:

-Impossible to get the car turned, forget about T1 and oak tree.
-Cars ass was planted SOLID, as long as I was on throttle or under braking, I could do whatever.
-Once hot, the rear axle would be locked. I would come of the track and with minimal steering input the car would go clang, clang, clang. You could feel the wheels turning same speed.

The backed off something, the ramps or less tightly packed? Whatever but the clanging went away, the rear got less planted and I can take tight corners again.

Honestly I think the car was so much faster through long sweepers at Sebring, Road ATL and VIR that laptimes would be similar, even when having to park it at tight corners...

Sold '07GT3 white