View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
OK, shipping my car to Germany for the summer is out. No insurance.

Thinking of driving North this summer with my truck and trailer. I might talk Izzone into going with me and share Diesel and keep my beer cooler topped off.
Easy, own truck and trailer. Good to go, just go for a long week and hit 2-3 events..

Another friend shipped his RS to IL for the summer and I can even leave all my stuff there and fly home in between events if that works.
Plenty to choose from:
July 1st Road ATL ?
July 2+3 Putnam IN ?
July 4+5 VIR with Chin
July 5+6 david Murry NJMP
July 8-10 VIR PBOC
July 9+10 Autobahn with nasa
July 9+10 Putnam IN
July 11+12 The glen Sports Car Driving Assoc?
July 11+12 Road America PCA
July 14-16 Lime rock PCA
July 14-17 monticello PBOC
July 15-17 Mid Ohio

OR:

I will call Intercity this weekend to get price for shipping my car FL->CA-FL. I am figuring to paying $3k.. If much more I might throw towel.

I will need some logistical help and insider info to leave my car somewhere for July and August, maybe September while I try to hit as many tracks as possible this summer with as little flying as possible, yet try to be in my office at least 1 day a week:

-Thunder Hill
-Sears Point
-Laguna Seca
-Button Willow
-Callspeed
-Willow springs
-Vegas

Did I forget something?

Question; I'm sure storage at race shops near the tracks or at one of the fellow inflicted on this Forum won't be much of a problem. I should only need a service stop once for pads and maybe oil change if I leave with fresh everything. A Jack, Torque bar and some basic tools, helmet and Hans should fit in the car. I will UPS extra set of BBS somewhere and back and UPS more rear Toyo's if I can't make it on 2 sets of rears. Fronts no issue.

Now, before I ship my car I want to book and register for all events so I can book plane tickets etc. Based on how the events connect or with only a couple days in between (Wine, Napa with wifey I suppose ) I will decide North or West.

What websites do I need to go on to find all the events? I know nothing onthe West Coast besides PCA and it shows NO DE events in CA in the summer? Wassup with that?
I will instruct a beginner where possible
Extra track time, get to meet more people and save a few $$..

All suggestions welcome, I don't want to end up in a Wild West event with a bunch of crazy's. Safe well organized events...
\
Infinion Racway (Sears Point) July 1-2 Trackmasters HPDE
Thunderhill Hooked On Driving July 14-15 HPDE
Thunderhill GGR PCA HPDE July 16-17
(You could do four consecutive days at Thunderhill!)

Other track events:

Laguna Seca GrandAM/Continental Challenge July 7-9
Laguna Seca Monterey Rolex Historic Car Races August 18-21