View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: First Settlers - VIR May 20-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
Dell, great to meet you too! Wish we had more time together but it was a busy weekend for everyone. Next time....

The smoke was scary! I was car #2 to go through it and prayed that the car in front of me didn't stop or move over. 0 visibility is frightening especially at 100+ mph. Yeah, 5 laps was all I got in the GT2 thanks to a hole in the radiator. I was fortunate to discover it and not dump coolant on the track or damage the car.
Here's the video. I accidentally dropped the resolution too low when I exported it for Vimeo. If you look closely you can see that "BOOM" halfway up the back straight as I start down the back out of Oak Tree. I gave you a point just a bit earlier in the lap so you must have been right there when it happened! It was so thick we couldn't see driving through and I was so worried there could be a car stuck on track. All I could think of was Days of Thunder and having to pull some serious Cole Trickle move

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
That boy was too much! 3 years old cruising the paddork in his car, helmet and, or course, racing gloves! Dad must be reading him Dr. Seuss's Theory of Slip Angle for his bedtime story.
You know it! He actually asked me today if he could have a "Red Bull Racing" car. I told him he'd have to settle for a go kart. He then followed that up with....."Daddy, I think I am going to be Schumacher when I drive"

Damn that kid is going to cost me some $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
It was a blast. Meeting you guys in person was truly the best part. Having your family and freinds around is priceless. Dell's son was out for breaking the lap records in his little car, pedaling way with his helmet on, awesome sight.
Here is the paddock cruiser in his car!
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Dell; 05-23-2011 at 06:02 PM.