View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: First Settlers - VIR May 20-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
Here are a couple of laps Sunday morning in the Cayman S. I ran some 2:14's Saturday and assumed they were my best but Sunday morning I ran a few laps in the 13's I am surprised by my times considering the tires were trashed and I knew this was my last session of the weekend; i.e. I wasn't pushing my luck.

It's strong evidence that I need a data logger. Looking at the quickest lap, a 2:13.17, my speeds through T3, entering the esses, T10, Oak Tree and entering Hog Pen are ALL a few MPH lower than other laps and yet it's my quick lap. HUH???
I know it sounds odd, but by going slower you can actually go faster. Sure we can go into a corner fast but can we control it and more importantly exit. It's all about corner exit speed.

Obviously this doesn't apply to every corner but there is a "perfect" speed to will result in the fastest sector time. This is where data comes into play. By trying different lines, entry speeds, etc, etc, etc, we can learn which approach actually works best.

Next time we are at an event together let's make sure and find a session or two to jump in each car