Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: First Settlers - VIR May 20-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Man that is a cracking time!!!
Thanks! But this is bad news for you! Now I need your help in learning how to analyze data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
I know it sounds odd, but by going slower you can actually go faster.

Next time we are at an event together let's make sure and find a session or two to jump in each car
I've heard this many times but it's never worked for me in the past. If I tried to drive slower/smoother my times would increase. In this case, I am shocked that my time dropped A LOT, almost 2 seconds! So, without a doubt you're right!

Absolutely! Thanks for the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH || NC View Post
I was slower when trying to go faster in some spots, and/or my comfort level was lower, so I went slower
I think you're spot on here. "Comfort in transistioning off brake" Pushing hard often results in slowing the car too much because you're not comfortable. Another surprise was my cool down lap where I noticed that I came through T10 (Southbend) 5 mph faster than normal because I didn't brake at all!! Yet I was VERY comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
If I don't lift anywhere and the throttle continues to go down out of the corner after going of the brake and on the gas, I set my best sector times.
Of the brake means throttle must continue to go down and stay down untill braking.
Agreed, this is what I've been working on too and have seen positive results. I wish I had data to support it but I am assuming the lower entry speeds allow me to apply the throttle earlier compared to when I am pushing hard into the corners.