View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 09:32 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: First Settlers - VIR May 20-22

You may be right, but unless we push our limits a little, we'll be stuck at a platau and won't be able to advance our techniques. I agonize over so many details as well and eventually slow myself down. One my observations about my own driving has been that I post my fastest times when I feel the car is too loose.

Since I realized that, I try to setup my tire pressures in the rear a little higher than what I think they should be. For example, when front to rear pressure difference is less 2 psi, i can comfortably post mid teen times. However, if rears are 3-4 psi higher, my time get closer to low teens and even 2:10-11 range.

This is not a discussion of pressures of course, I am just trying to make the point that unless we get lose a little and be comfortable with controlling the car when its lose, we won't get to sub 10s IMHO.

So, if I were you, what would I do differently? Nothing. I think you're driving was really superb in those videos, relaxed, determined and bold, and I envy such driving attitude.