Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered PCA Member

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Can Can GT3 "respond" similarly with R6s and NT01s?

Use both tires on a 996-GT3. My question is not whether I can achieve similar grip levels, but whether I can get these tires to behave similarly (e.g., feel, reaction/transition speed, etc) but at different grip levels? Basically, I love the feedback, sharpness, limited roll of my car with R6s. Note, I have triple adj Motons. I got my car setup decently for R6s and I occassionally like to use the NT01s. However, because of the softer sidewalls (presumably) I can't get the car to react as quick as I would like even when I adjust high speed and low speed compression. I also really can't stand the sensation of "roll" with the NT01s vs the R6s. Is the answer that I need to change canister pressures and swaybars as well or is the answer that I will never achieve the same "feel" and precise reaction between the two tires? Just want to know if I'm wasting my time.

Ramon