Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default CLs After 3 Track Events

The first time I took the wheels off the car was in February just before the NASA VIR event. At that time I just wanted to get familiar with the CL assembly, and learn how to take the wheels on/off with the new tools. I also put generous amounts of the grease where we're supposed to in the right places. Based on some inquiries, I was told that twice a year or so to put on the grease on should be sufficient.

Since then I did total of 9 track days, 6 at VIR and 3 at Summit Point. So today it was time to take the track wheels off and put back on the street ones. All went well taking the wheels off (except the center lock pin on the rears had almost seized and I had to use a flat-head and hammer, gently of course), but when I tried to put them back on, I just could not tighten the CLs. So, I took them off, looked at the grease levels, to my surprise, there was almost none left, some parts of the metal had also turned black

So again I put generous amounts of grease. So lesson learned: check the grease every time the wheels come off.

The process with this CL design keeps getting longer and longer