Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM
PCA Member (Vendor Rep.)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Lucky Buyers: 4.0 Spec Thread- What Is Yours?

What makes the RS 4.0 special is the fact that it is so good yet still a street car. Radio delete, sure. But I would keep a/c and the HID headlights. Eventually you get diminishing returns trying to save the last couple lbs on a street car.

If you're ready to get rid of all creature comforts, maybe a cup car is in your future.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Lucky Buyers: 4.0 Spec Thread- What Is Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS View Post
Don't think that I could delete A/C but I'm happy to talk you into doing so if want. Just say the word.
yeah yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I wouldn't delete the AC. You never know, there may come a day you may want to sell it, and besides few areas in the west coast I don't think there many other that can live without an AC. That is one option that makes a difference IMHO.
I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPB-Autosport View Post
What makes the RS 4.0 special is the fact that it is so good yet still a street car. Radio delete, sure. But I would keep a/c and the HID headlights. Eventually you get diminishing returns trying to save the last couple lbs on a street car.

If you're ready to get rid of all creature comforts, maybe a cup car is in your future.
To me this is more of a barely street legal race car but I agree one must eventually fish or cut bait

The dealer and I wrapped it all up today and popped the car into the system. July build Very exciting. I can't wait to hammer this bad-boy on track.