Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: How To Brake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW View Post
the big bump in the middle of the apex. That tends to separate ribs if you're not careful..

I can get some on kart footage and post it if you want.
I know what you mean! It's pretty nasty in a car and can only imagine how rough it must be in a kart.

Yes, please! I'd like to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmarx View Post
Wow, what a fun looking track with some challenging turns and lots of elevation change.

I was taught to momentarily straighten the steering when going over brows in a turn. It unloads the tires for a moment until the car settles again on the other side of the brow.
It's a blast to drive! I would strongly recommend it for any track junkie. It's also, IMO, a track that will test your braking skills. It requires several techniques; if you want to be quick

Check out the turn before the spin, turn 11. It's exactly the type of turn where you need to open the wheel as you crest a "brow". It's awesome!

I've only been to Mid Ohio twice, most recently last month. It's such a unique and fun track that on my 7 1/2 hour drive home, which is normally a drag, I found myself smiling, seemingly for hours, as I reflected on the weekend. I can't recall ever doing that before