Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Mancation II Drive North, or ship car to CA?

Holding up entire DE group, while Randy blocks them, anoying the living daylights out of all them so I could get one clean lap in LOL!!

Flatout:
Mid Ohio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRguJFCrNY

The Glen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUJwTN9UqM

Sold '07GT3 white
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Going to Mid O with NASA when NASA Nationals is going to be held their in Sept is/was a recipe for major traffic I imagine it made the traffic at Autobahn with NASA seem tame That is 1 of the reasons, besides time, $$$, and the ability of my liver to keep up with Randy and Peter, I only did Autobahn and RA.

Peter
Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage

So, how did the rotors and pads hold up to the abuse???
Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Vice Advocate

Garage

Rotors look great, they have many little cracks, but that is to be expected with 10 track days.
I hope to get 30-40 days out of the opposed to the 15-20 OEM fronts.

The PFC08 pads are fantastic, I found my new pad. No bedding and they feel so good right up to the 8th day with only 2mm left of material. Actually they felt so good, we forgot to look!!

Amazingly when we changed them the new pads felt identival to the ones just removed.
So 2 more usable days compared to Pagid R29, less tapering, not enough to even bother to flip them.

The rears last 2x as long as the pagids, the pagids where done after 6 days, just like the fronts, but not so with the PFC08, so there are savings to be had as well.

And I even drive most days with TC and SC on while figuring out new high speed trick tracks, wich I have never done with pagids...

Sold '07GT3 white
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Vice Advocate

Garage

All cleaned up Click the image to open in full size.

Still need to pick up new CL and black seat belts and door pulls at Champion and the gold CL caps at Orbit.

I love the gold / silver. Looks very clean.

The yellow lights and black speedster fender protection were Pepi's idea. I am not sure but did not dislike them anought to ask him to take it of right there Click the image to open in full size.

If I can learn to like the black Speedster fender protection it would help a lot with tire marks there, just an extra protection layer on top of the extended fender guards and the a second layer of clear wrap.
The yellow light I like, wifey hate Click the image to open in full size.

I'm thinking doing the 2 head lights also, but I wonder if I want to drive in yellow light?

The Xpel film looks unbelievably smooth, you'd never think the car was wrapped. Super thick layer of automotive paint type finish, self healing top coast and 7! years warranty, including install. Click the image to open in full size.
The fit of the pieces is very nice.

Everyone told me that Pepi from Supershield is the best and I have to agree. Wendy and Pepi sent me this yesterday, so you can put the faces with the names:
http://app.talkfusion.com/fusion2/vi...k5NQ==_8193257
They have a new website too: http://carchatwithautosupershield.com/

The next featured video is supposed to be mine where they show the Vinyl removal and stuff I think... Imma be famous.

I ordered all the Premier and Xpel products to clean and protect the film. I will report to see what works the best and how the ingredients compare.

Pepi took good pictures with his camera, here are my shxtty pics from my Blackberry.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20110813-00300.jpg   IMG-20110813-00298.jpg   IMG-20110813-00297.jpg  

Sold '07GT3 white
Old 08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

I like it.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

So the mirrors and wing tips are silver? I will look awesome on the track with the BBS wheels. Now you can't blame Randy for anything that happens on the track. You guys obviously aren't twins anymore
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Vice Advocate

Garage

Hi Mike, how is it going?

Not silver, gold, I traded my red wheels / mirrors / tip with this car: http://www.orbitracing.com/video-gallery, because the wheels will be different and the tips, mirrors where going to get painted anyway.

Sold '07GT3 white
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Looks awesome! And I like the black speedster. It really seems to balance the contrast of the front splitter and complements the gold accents perfectly while not being too busy/distracting.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Vice Advocate

Garage

Thanks! Not sure myself, but it does help with the black tire marks!!

Sold '07GT3 white