Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

View Poll Results: Would You Participate In A Group Buy In The Next 4 Weeks?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Data Logger Group Buy, Interested?

There have been many discussions across various forums on the topic of data loggers, primarily because there are so many options out there with varying degrees of functionality, price and technical support.

I don't think their value is questionable at this time, however, no one really agrees with specific units. Listing all the features, pluses and minuses does not lead to any conclusion either frankly. And at the end, what ever unit you choose, its software determines the benefits the user receives.

Since we majority of us have a Porsche GT, the most benefit we can obtain is probably in sharing files, helping with software intricacies and coaching one another and helping each other for better driving.

With that in mind and before going further on this topic about the technical details, I have a simple question: Would our members benefit from us organizing a group-buy of some sort and may be some professional advice in selecting a unit for our Register? The question is not one of price or features right now, that will come later.

If we have a strong interest in this, I will do my best to negotiate a group buy with few respected vendor on behalf of the Register. Strong interest being greater than 10-12 people.

So, please post your opinion, I will follow up with second set of questions after this one in about a week or so, so we can provide "requirements" to any potential vendor.

Thank you,