Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Trackrat's GT3RS Project

Ok, the "Grand Announcement" is at hand. Been busy on the off-season diving head first down the slippery slope.

Recipe:
2010 GT3RS, 10,000 miles, 50% Track/50% Street

GTGears LSD Internals

Akrapovic Evolution System converted from full (w/side mufflers) to Race configuration (via two side pipes).

Intrax 4-way coilovers. Application specific tuning by Intrax

Tarett Engineering solid bits- monoballs/spherical ends/toe-locking plates/etc

Custom designed/engineered threaded and thread-locked/sealed coolant fittings.

Racetech Magnum 6-point HANS specific drivers harness.

New spark plugs- so much easier with engine out although the ones in there looked perfect.

Separate engine/trans and examined clutch. Looking good!

Full OE Clubsport cage with welded plates top and bottom.

Stripped Interior.

RennLine floor mats

Sullivan Racing Pedals

996 Cup Shifter Cable and solid cable ends.

MovIt custom brake kit: Oversized Carbon Silicon Carbide rotors, billet high strength calipers and braided steel lines are in progress and hope to be shipped/installed in 2-3 months.

Works Bell quick release (GT3 specific, bolts right up) steering wheel with "Personal" (it is a brand) steering wheel.

Some pics below with more to come. All work was done in my shop with the assistance of Jess Lattin, a Master Technician with eight years of Porsche experience. He is a super-sharp cookie and excellent on the details.

Brief road test of approx 2 miles revealed no issues and a well controlled and compliant ride. Track testing this weekend.

I suppose I am 8/10th's or 9/10th's driver that wanted to play with the limits of building a street legal track oriented car. For me going full Cup car was not attractive due to engine/tranny rebuilds, not street legal, and more of an involved process to run it aside from just turning the key and driving off.

Link to photo album with more pics: http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/album.php?albumid=13
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0765.jpg   IMG_0785.jpg   IMG_0812.jpg   IMG_0809.jpg   IMG_0890.jpg  

Last edited by Trackrat; 05-02-2011 at 01:39 PM.