Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
PCA Member

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DE, Why Bother?

Trackrat, you reached the nub of the DE-Racing issue with your points.

I never progressed to racing after DE and instructing because I too reached the same realization as Dell, and he put it quite simply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
I have a new outlook on DE's. Going to a DE is almost like going on vacation where racing is like going to work. The stress level at the DE is almost non existent. The money spent is just a fraction of a race weekend. I have learned how to give point-by's.
When I get back in the game soon, I will also take Dell's insight and run with it. When I modded my old 944 Turbo for the track (upgrading to track tires, big reds, increased boost, added a cage and seats...) I seemed to be riding on an asymptotic, going for smaller and smaller improvements in time, and increasing costs (and stress) exponentially. Same goes for racing, you will no doubt learn new things, but at what price?

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.
Wes