Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Vice Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garage
Default Re: Lucky Buyers: 4.0 Spec Thread- What Is Yours?

Exactly.

Guys don't waste time and get salt on the 4.0.

Let me do that anoying break in procedure and all the hassle of getting it track ready.

Just ship to my door /Orbit instead and I will have it at Sebring for you ready to go with 500+ gentle break in miles, Roll bar and seat belts installed a set of BBS, Hoosiers, SRF, PFC pads.

I will do at least 10+ Sebring days between November and February. You should too.

Or maybe you prefer to sit in your (Hopefully heated) garage wax is 5x and watch TRAKCAR's flatout video's on Youtube instead while you wait for the snow to melt

Sold '07GT3 white
Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
Sounds very cool, I wish I would have been there!!
Pictures??
Sorry, no pictures. Porsche AG personnel safely stored (confiscated? ;-)) all cameras and mobile phones and made us re-sign non-disclosure agreements before we could begin the festivities.

Cincinnati, OH
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8MM View Post
I just returned from a boondoggle to the Porsche development center. At the conclusion, I got a 3-hot-lap ride around the Weissach test track from Romain Dumas in a white RS 4.0 with white wheels and PCCB. What a hoot! He did hand-brake turns and could have had the car posing for those famous Auto Motor und Sport 30-degree slip-angle wild photos they always manage. The car was absolutely toss-able and I can't wait to get mine out on the track!!!
Wow Mike, what an opportunity. Good for you.

Going to be a long winter of anticipation for a lot of Northerners.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM
PCA Member

Coolsuit weight depends on size. Large is about 30 lb with ice, I run the small FAST setup that's about half that, the ice will last about an hour on a very hot day, 90-120 minutes on cooler days. I run it any time the ambient temp is above 70, and often below that for practice & warmup.

For me it's not about staying cool per se (once I'm on track I don't notice temperature or other physical discomfort etc., I'm too focused on driving), it's about not getting so hot that my mental or physical performance is compromised. Pre-cool suit I was starting to making mental errors and having to back off the pace towards the end of races on hot days. Of course it's the day I got heatstroke (running 5 race groups on a 104 degree day) that broke the camel's back :-)

I'll gladly add the 15 lb. for increased mental performance, even minimal, in the last half of a race. Given that I'm ~2800lb with driver, that's .05% extra weight, or about two gallons of gas, or about 2.25 horsepower given power/weight.

If you're that worried about performance, the engine drag from the AC compressor will hurt you more than the weight of the AC. I'm not sure if the Porsche disengages the AC compressor when at 100% throttle, if it does then you should be fine, as it just means you're burning a little more gas (ie. at say 45% throttle rather than 40% throttle in a part-throttle sweeper) rather than reducing full-on performance.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Pete, I saw your car at Pearce today (Tuesday 21 Sept); wow! More beautiful in person than any pix. Enjoy!