Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2 & GT3 Cars for Sale/Wanted

GT2 & GT3 Cars for Sale/Wanted Sale and Purchase of street-based Porsche GT vehicles

Old 10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default FS: 2004 911 GT3, track ready.

****SOLD*****
I am selling my slate gray GT3 with just under 27k miles, price is $59,000. It’s track prepped, but entirely street legal. It is perfect for someone looking for a track ready 996 GT3. From the factory this car has xenon headlights and it was originally equipped with ceramic brakes. It currently has steel rotors but the original yellow calipers which came with ceramic rotors. A few other options listed with additional cost on the original window sticker are: cruise control, thicker steering wheel, and sport seats painted to match.

Pictures are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/foscoe9...7636408242106/

List of mods:

Interior:
Porsche Tequipment Stainless steel bolt in roll bar.
Recaro Profi SPG XL race seats with Brey Krause side mount adapters.
Schroth Profi II 6 point harness
TC Racing Snap Off steering wheel quick release
OMP leather steering wheel
Driver and passenger Rennline aluminum floor mats.

Chasis:
B&M Short Shift kit
Race exhaust (with race mufflers, it’s not extremely loud)
It is lowered.
3G adjustable rear toe links
997 rear control arms
Spherical bearings for control arms
Stainless steel brake lines
Steel rotors
Performance Friction 08 race pads

Exterior:
Carbon Fiber GT3 RS wing, it’s a copy, but as far as I can tell same quality as an OEM.
3 sets of wheels

The original wheels have Michelin Pilot Sports on them with about 1/4” tread front and rear. There are two extra sets of wheels, one set are GT3 RS wheels with factory red spokes. The other set are from a 996 turbo and the spokes have been painted red to match. Both sets are exactly the same size and offsets and are functionally interchangeable. 7 of the 8 extra wheels currently have Hoosiers on them.

Major maintenance
The front main seal has been replaced and the steering rack has been replaced.

A little more about the car:

I am the third owner. I’m in Charlotte, NC. The car is in very good condition cosmetically and excellent condition mechanically. This is a fantastic track car, but it is not a garage queen. It has been tracked almost since new, so a lot of the miles are track miles. It drives wonderfully, I instruct for PCA and BMWCCA and have driven the car at both VIR and CMP.

Mechanically it needs nothing, everything works perfectly, and it has been meticulously maintained. It is set up more for the track than street and is very well balanced. But it is entirely streetable. I’ll be happy to provide current suspension settings if you like. I have all records since new.

All work and set up has been done by either Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte or 3G Motorsports in Grennsboro.

Cosmetically, it’s very good condition but has plenty of flaws, the front bumper has paint chips, the interior is all in very good shape but not like new. Both rear quarter panels and the rear bumper have been repainted. The right rear quarter bumped a tire barrier at VIR, damage was relatively minor but enough to need to be repainted. The left rear quarter panel was damaged when a rear tire blew at VIR, again fairly minor damage but enough to need to be repainted. I’ve got pictures of the damage in both cases which I’m happy to share.

I have all of the original parts, seats, rear wing, exhaust, steering wheel, ceramic rotors (Gen II). All are in excellent (almost new) condition and could be put right back on the car for a great street car. But why would you want to do that?

Please PM with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by foscoe944; 03-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:23 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: FS: 2004 911 GT3, track ready.

The link to the pictures is not working.

GLWS, seems to be a very nice car.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: FS: 2004 911 GT3, track ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
The link to the pictures is not working.

GLWS, seems to be a very nice car.
Thanks for letting me know! It should be working now.