Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered PCA Member

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Front Axle Lift on an RS

For those of you that have the front axle lift? How much does it help? How do you like it? Would you get it again? Are there any negatives to it other then the extra weight performance wise?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Default Re: Front Axle Lift on an RS

There've been some reports of issues but nothing like noise generated by center locks or coolant fittings. Really comes down to topography where you'll be driving and how they construct roads. I've had zero issues not having lift in Northeast. Hear the same for Florida crowd. On the other hand if I lived in SoCal, which I regularly visit, I might reconsider. They do some aggro stuff with drainage management at intersections. Bear in mind that even if you have the lift there are still times when you'll hit.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Vice Advocate

Default Re: Front Axle Lift on an RS

Knowing what I know now- weight, complexity, noises when extended, sometimes won't go down unless past 30 mph, I would NOT spec it.

Yes it is very nice to have for the occasional curbs, but not worth the additional issues. I was totally sold on it until I lived with it for a while and then took it off when stripping car and seeing how heavy the motor unit is.