Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > Event News and Organization

Event News and Organization Information and forum for event announcements, organization and details

Old 04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Cayman/Boxster Registers - Tech Day

Today being a thunderstormy and rainy day, I though I'll tag along with our friends from the other registers, where they were hosting, with the help of very gracious Potomac Region, a Tech Session on the 987 platform at Tyson's Porsche, which is also the dealership where I get my service done for over 6 years.

The weather being what it was, I was expecting may be a dozen people, and thought they'd be lucky if they reach 20 attendees. When I got there around 11 am, the place was just packed, may be with 60+ people.

Click the image to open in full size.

The most interesting bits were underneath the car, the techs showing how to do basic maintenance, such as oil changes, brake fluid flush, things to look after, etc. The information was very useful to owners, and the mood was truly awesome.

The most interesting part to me were the Cayman Rs. I particularly like the blue on this car. I also have admit, the car looks much and much better in person, especially the fixed rear wing.

Here is the real kicker that I did not LIKE: The Cayman R they had on the scales, which was optioned for an MSRP of $75K weighed only 3027 lbs with FULL TANK. That is more than 220 lbs lighter than my GT3

What's more is that this is the first car ever I have seen that has been corner balanced to perfection out of the factory, remember, the Cayman R does not have adjustable spring perches for ride height adjustments, I was amazed:

I am hoping we'll be able to this type of an event for our Register as well if our members show interest. So, would you be interested in a tech day for GT2/3 cars?