Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Zone 2 VIR

Woww, what a weekend it has been. Great in many ways, but also few unpleasantries. There were ~200 cars, lots of GTs (about 32-35), some very fast drivers and weather was perfect.

The black run group was over-crowded, but red group was ideal, dominated by the GTs. I had two students, so Friday and most of Saturday I was just rushing from car to car, and I wasn't driving too well, but I got the chance to get more acclimated with the car. I also gave two classes on data analysis on Friday and Saturday to the Boxster and Cayman Register drivers, so my schedule the first two days was busy to say the least. After lunch on Saturday I started to relax as my second student was really good and I moved her up to the white group and she started solo'ing.

The car? just perfection, and you all would know, it is not an exaggeration. Especially on Sunday, I had so much fun, trying different things, picking up speed and just hanging on to the car as best as I could. I just could not keep up with the big boys, like Ryan, Fritz or Brian, but I did alright within my own rights

There is no question, the car is so much better with SC off, but I left TC on; my rear brakes look alright, no unusual wear that I can from the outside. Also, TPMS did not interfere with anything, only the dash light staying on was a annoying, but that's it.

I'll post some videos later on, few pics are here: http://www.gt2gt3cup.org/album.php?albumid=12

The drive home was not fun either, getting home at 9:30 pm after leaving early at 3:30 pm, skipping the last session. I could have stayed for the last session, left at 5:30 and probably could have still made it by 10 Traffic on I95 was backed up for miles.

Cheers,

Last edited by FTS; 03-21-2011 at 08:51 AM.