Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions

GT2, GT3, RS and Cup Car Discussions Discussions on all topics related to all Porsche GT vehicles

Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default PCA-Suncoast is joking right ???

One more reason that I don't enjoy driving with PCA.

This is the email that I just got about the 48hs earlier this morning. What criteria do they use ???

They don't even know me, that being said, they should ask for your references and get your driving records....

Sick of this kind of stupid politics with those groups.

Eduardo,

We think that you should have another year of seat time to qualify for the 48 hours, thus I will have to cancel your registration.
Keep working hard and not be at all down about this as we have to be very concerned as to who is on the track.

Page Obenshain
St. Petersburg Yacht Sales & Service LLC
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Default Re: PCA-Suncoast is joking right ???

Bummer!

I've had nothing but positive experiences running with PCA. Ironically I "assumed" PCA would be political or snobby before I ran with them but found that wasn't the case at all. If anything, I've met some of the most generous and kind people imaginable.

Is your experience up to date in Clubregistration.net? I know the 48hr event is advanced DE only and have been told they do scrutinize more than normal because the run group is typically large and fast paced. I am not sure if they have defined prerequisites or not but imagine track days, instructor status and run group are considered.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

I run in 3 different regions. I have to work with each one to get promoted to the next group regardless of other clubs, PCA or not. NASA and Chin actually use PCA's run groups to guage because PCA is so darn picky. In any event you should submit your driving, racing/run group experince. If it qualifies you to run in an advanced group then great, otherwise if you have little experience to hang your hat on its not a good thing with some of the other drivers overtaking speeds. I have been on both ends and experience + common speeds helps keep everyone safe. I run in Group 4 and while typically top 4 fastest I do not quality yet for group 5 or Chin advanced (Rolex Cup experience).
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Vice Advocate

Garage

PCA is indeed a "cult".
and as a new comer to a particular region, you will be "checked out".
but once they know you, they are usually pretty good.
my first year with PCA was not an easy experience. but now, i enjoy driving with them.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Eddies problem was they just said No without checking his previous experience or asking for reccomendations from other PCA instructors. BTW Eddie runs Chin advanced and I had no fear while riding with him turning low 2:22's at Sebring.

Peter
Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage

Eddie, thank you for the post. I am not sure what the issue really is, but I can tell you few people at PCA have read it already. It is important to voice our concerns and issues with PCA as it is our club.

Regards,
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your reply, I believe it was NOT a general PCA problem, but a regional issue and most likely specific from the 48hs, bottom line is that I don't run with PCA more than 2-3 a year, so they don't have my records, which is my fault, but SUNCOAST never actually emailed me and asked for it, I simply got an email saying that I needed more seat time and should wait for next year.
If it was the case, I would be more than glad to wait, but Suncoast or the gentleman taking care of never asked for my credentials.

Thank you.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGT3 View Post
Eddies problem was they just said No without checking his previous experience or asking for reccomendations from other PCA instructors. BTW Eddie runs Chin advanced and I had no fear while riding with him turning low 2:22's at Sebring.

Peter
Thanks Peter !

See you next week.