Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: Close Call at South Bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH || NC View Post
What kind of set up are you running?
Pretty much stock '08 GT2 but with re-ramped diff and steel brakes. R6 tires in this run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
Ha, you edit film? I'm too laze.
Too busy is probably more accurate! Too busy driving that is......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930man View Post
Try a lil later turn in @the 2 entrance turns of the esses...@ the 48 sec mark seams to mellow the whole esses some ... just a opinion
Lower esses? Yeah, I am not hitting my marks evertime through there. Trailing throttle and rotating the car at that turn in. Ironically my low polar moment Cayman would rotate more than the GT2. I am assuming it's due to the more aggressive diff but I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landjet View Post
Brian, that looked more like a hiccup than a close call. I too thought you dropped a wheel as you were very close to the edge.
There was some mud on the curbing and I just dropped a small piece of the tire off. I could really feel the car wanting to twist from the change in grip. Several people, who have lost it there, told me the spin was too fast to catch. I was lucky....
Old 04-25-2011, 12:25 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman View Post
Ironically my low polar moment Cayman would rotate more than the GT2. I am assuming it's due to the more aggressive diff but I am not sure.
Or weight; your GT2 is probably somewhere between 250-350 lbs heavier than your CS.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
I'd have to concur with Matt (930man) on the weight shift. Looks like you were not on the power soon enough to get rear traction. .
I wasn't clear on Matt's input because he mentions the 48 second mark which was the entry to the lower esses. But I think the same applies....I need to take advantage of the rear grip. I've never driven a 911 before, let alone one this powerful, so there's much to learn and understand.

During my track walk last week the pro driver insisted that you touch the left curbing in T10. If not, you'll track out too wide and won't be able to apply full throttle or open the wheel soon enough. I was intentionally staying off the curbing, so I've got work to do in that corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Or weight; your GT2 is probably somewhere between 250-350 lbs heavier than your CS.
She is a bit piggy!