Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions
Register Forums FAQs Search

AutoX, DE and Racing Discussions All discussions related autoxing, DE, amateur and professional racing activities

Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Registered Porsche Owner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: How To Brake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypalace View Post
Next topic: pinching exits, why do I see SO many drivers keep full (or nearly full) steering input well after apex, while applying full throttle, and not unwinding the wheel and going all the way to trackout? Have seen so many incidents... Another topic though :-)
I am surprised how often I see this and it's scary! I can understand a beginner-intermediate driver doing it but I've seen it too often with intermediate-advanced drivers. Moreover, I have found a resistance to change when you point it out. I've found myself practically begging drivers to "OPEN THE WHEEL", lap after lap. And often the response is "WHY?"....You really get concerned when this happens because you worry the driver has limited feel/sense of what's going on.

I think it is applicable to this braking discussion because often it's a symptom caused by over braking and early release of the brake. The driver isn't rolling into a corner, so they're on the throttle too early.