Go Back   PCA GT2, GT3 and Cup Car SIG Forums > GT2/GT3/Cup Car Register Discussions > PCA Discussions and News

PCA Discussions and News PCA related announcements, news and membership discussions

Old 04-05-2011, 10:53 PM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Thumbs up The New PCA Register Groups Coordinator: Mike Souza

For several years John Straub has been serving the PCA as the Register Groups Coordinator with his tireless efforts, and has helped our Register get on PCA's map. However, John has decided to step down due to personal time restrictions. We are deeply thankful to John for his superb support and guidance, and wish him the best moving forward; thank you John.

Mike Souza, who has been the Cayman Register Advocate for the past 18 months, and helped put the foundation on the Boxster Register, and continuously helped our Register get off the ground as well, has been named to take the role of National Register Groups Coordinator for the PCA. I don't think there could have been a better choice that the Executive Council could have made to take John's work forward.

Congratulations Mike, we are looking forward to continuing to work with you in the coming years.

Sincerely,
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Cayman Register Advocate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: The New PCA Register Groups Coordinator: Mike Souza

Very cool.... I wasn't sure when this news would break, and I've been dying to tell you guys. I am very, very excited about this incredible opportunity and vote of confidence from the EC.

John has given a lot to these registers and to the PCA. I don't think any of our registers would exist without him. He and I have spoken and he wanted to break the news to the existing advocates, and he has graciously offered as much help as he can provide to make my transition into the position smooth.

The Executive Council has a lot of trust in me, as does Porsche AG and PCNA. I hope to use this trust and the excitement surrounding this new appointment to benefit all of the registers. It's sort of unfair to John, but whenever there's a new new guy in a position that renewed focus tends to lead to good things. I'll try to use this period to benefit our programs.

I plan to spend the first quarter or two just evaluating the other existing registers and advocates, most of whom I do not know. I really look forward working with you guys. You are off to a great start here, and I know we will see a lot of greatness from this very enthusiastic group.

I hope I can count on you guys for input, ideas, advice, critiques and suggestions. Together we can make these register programs really rock and roll. So as we move forward, I will always have one question for you. What can I do to help you guys succeed...?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
SIG Advocate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 7
Garage
Default Re: The New PCA Register Groups Coordinator: Mike Souza

We are here to support you Mike, no worries, congratulations once again